Subject: Re: LHAing on NT
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 1995 18:25:52 -0500

At 11:41 PM 12/8/95 -0500, you wrote:
>LHA is an AMiga compression routine and it won't run under windows. The only
>way to do it is to un LHArc it on your amiga and send it to your NT maching
>VIA a network or use a syquest and cross dos.Then carry your syquest to your
>NT and hook it up there. (Provided you're running SCSI) If there is another
>way other than this, I'd like to hear about it also.
>
>Tom Rennen
>Intelligent Light Digital Imaging
>214-420-6815
>

In fact, there is at least one LHA program for DOS/Windows: LHA.EXE, by
Haruyasu Yoshizaki. I believe I got it off the Newtek bbs. If their FTP site
is still down, their phone number is 913 271 9299. Look for it there.

Also a friend of mine showed me Norton Desktop a couple of days ago, and
mentioned that it had LHA as well as ZIP/UNZIP built in. Not only that, it
will show you the contents of a compressed file as if it weren't compressed
and let you copy, delete, etc., as you would any other files. Looked pretty
damn useful, and I may have to get it myself.

   ************************************************
   * Andy Hofman       |    LumaQuest Productions *            
   * [email-masked]  |             3D Animation *
   * 513-643-7333      |  Dual Raptor 3 Rendering *
   ************************************************